This optional feature allows you to have one Salesforce user (eg admin) authorize the app under DocGen Configuration tab with a Google Drive that all other app users can generate documents to without having to do individual authorizations. All other users can then use this User’s permissions (User 1) to access the app components and all documents will be generated to same Google Drive that User 1 authorized.
- Go to your Salesforce Setup > Visualforce Pages> Click on ‘Administration’ page.
- Click on “Preview” custom button on top right.
- From there, VisualForce page will come up and there will be a separate tab option on left for Drive authorization.
- Click on “Authorization” tab. The authorization section contains:
- Enable Authorization for all Opero Documents Users: One checkbox to define that one Salesforce user can authorize on behalf of all other users.
- Authorization User: Picklist with a list of users in Salesforce. Select which user will authorize for all other users (usually a system Admin).
- Force Authorization for all Opero Documents Users: Second checkbox to force this authorization for all users (do not check this optional box if you have any individual users that want to authorize their own Google Drive).
- Save settings
- Return to DocGen Configuration tab to authorize and connect the Google Drive you would like to use for ALL your Salesforce users.
- Test successful document generation under same Admin user.
- Log in as a different user (different than the user that you configured under Administration page) and test to generate a document. This user should be able to successfully generate document with no authorization error and, if applicable, the generated document should be saved in the same Google Drive as the Admin user specified.
If you need to revoke access and/or delete previous authorizations:
- If you checked the box to ‘force authorization for all users,’ under Administration Visualforce page as outlined above, this will override the previous authorizations.
- If you did not check this box or do not want to force authorization for ALL users, then you have option to individually revoke the Google Drive authorization token under each user:
- For each user that you want to revoke access, have their user go to Opero Documents Configuration tab and then click ‘Revoke Access’ red button shown below. Once they do this step, they will now generate documents to the same drive as the admin user specified as long as they had checked box to define that ‘one user can authorize on behalf of all other users’ under Administration VisualForce page.
- If this user or any other user still wants to authorize a separate google drive from the one admin specified, they can go back to Opero Document Configuration tab to click “grant access” and this will override the admin setting/drive (as long as the box was not checked under admin to ‘force this authorization for all users’).