Opero Ship supports using USPS, Stamps.com (USPS), and Endicia (USPS) as carriers. Using only USPS allows getting shipment rates and tracking shipments for free, while using Stamps.com (USPS) and Endicia (USPS) also allows creating labels. This article covers the steps to configure an Endicia account and manage settings within the Opero Ship app.
Steps to Configure Carrier
- Use your existing Endicia account, or create a new one here and get preferred rates. There is also a link below the Save button.
- Open Opero Ship app, go to Ship Configuration page, and click Endicia (USPS).
- Check the Active box so that this carrier is an active carrier. When a carrier is active, you are able to set carrier specific settings in the Create Shipment tab and create/ print active shipping labels.
- Enter Username and Password.
- There is a password mask on this field for privacy. To check for accuracy, click and hold the eye icon to see your password.
- Default Label Size, Default Label Type, Default Image Rotation: Endicia supports different combinations of label sizes, label types, and image rotation. When you create a new shipment in the New Shipment page, these default values can be edited.
- Default Mailpiece Shape: Endicia supports different combinations of package shapes (ex. Letter, LargeParcel). You can set default values for these fields. When you create a new shipment in the New Shipment page, these default values can be edited.
- Test Mode Checkbox: If the Test Mode checkbox is checked, then your account won’t be debited when you create/print a shipping label. Instead, a “test” shipping label will be created. If the Test Mode checkbox is not checked, your account will be debited when you create/print a shipping label, as it is an active label (rather than a test label).
- Label will say, “Void – Do Not Mail”
- Click Save.
Now the Opero Ship app has all the required data so it can connect to Endicia’s servers. When this is configured, you can view your postage and account status, buy more postage, and change your password.
- View Postage and Account Status: Click Refresh next to Postage and Account Status section title. If you configured the account and the app correctly, balance and status should display after you click the Refresh button.
- Purchase more credit for shipping: Enter the desired amount in the Buy More Postage – Enter Amount: box and click Buy Now button. If successful, the Current Postage Balance should be automatically updated with the new balance.
- Change your password: Enter the desired new passphrase in the Enter New Password: box and click Change and Save button.
Note: Endicia will charge your account each time you create a shipping label using the Opero Ship app. You can however cancel the shipment and get the money back from Endicia. To cancel the shipment, click Cancel Shipment button on Shipment page layout. If there is no button on the layout, you will need to edit the layout and add the button.