Skip to content
Skip to main navigation
- Bug fix for the FedEx declared value feature. In order for this feature to work, you must upgrade to package 1.77.
- Added dimensions for FedEx. Dimensions affect rates if you use “Your Packaging” packaging type.
- If weight unit is LB or OZ then the dimension unit will be inches.
- If weight unit is KG then the dimension unit will be centimeters
- Update for Community Users. Community users should have the following system permissions enabled. You can add on a profile level or create a permission set.
- View the App Setup and Administrative Settings pages.
- Allow user to view roles and role hierarchy.
- Updated the picklist values for “Packaging Type” field on the Shipment object in order to ensure alignment with FedEx carrier after a recent update to their shipping options.
- Existing Customers – Existing customers should add “Your Packaging” picklist value to the Packaging Type field in order to ensure your app functionality reflects the latest FedEx shipping options. To do this, go to Setup>Object Manager>Shipment>Packaging Type>Go to “Values” section, click “New” button, add new picklist value “Your Packaging”.
- New Customers – This picklist option will be automatically included for new customers downloading the app.
- Added new feature that allows users to add a declared value to the Package when shipping with FedEx.
- We have rebranded from A5 Apps to Opero and our suite of apps reflects this exciting new look.
- FedEx – Update to Delivery Confirmation Picklist
- The signature options in our Delivery Confirmation picklist have been updated and can be found in the FedEx Carrier Specific Section of New Shipment record. For more information, see Create a New Shipment article.
- FedEx – Ground Integration
- To pull FedEx Ground rates, check FedEx Ground checkbox in the FedEx section of Carrier Specific Details of New Shipment record. For more information, see Create a New Shipment article.
- FedEx – One Rate Integration
- To apply FedEx One Rate, check FedEx One Rate checkbox in the FedEx Carrier Specific Section of New Shipment record. For more information, see Create a New Shipment article.
- FedEx – Error Handling
- Error handling for package type and weight limits has been added.
- Stamps.com – Error Handling
- Error handling for package types and print layouts has been added.
- FedEx/DHL/UPS Multi Account Feature
- The new Opero Ship Multiple Carrier Account feature allows you to easily configure multiple accounts with supported carriers including DHL, FedEx, and UPS.
- The carrier account feature supports a variety of use cases, such as a business with several warehouse locations, each with their own carrier account. Or, a company that has a carrier account for each user in their Salesforce org.
- You can select which carrier account you’d like to use when manually creating a shipment on the New Shipment tab, or add logic to your button code that will populate the Carrier Account parameter based on criteria that you define, such as state, region, department, or Salesforce user Id.
- See this article for detailed configuration information: FedEx/DHL/UPS Multi Account Feature.
- DHL Certified
- Tracking Number Clickable Link from Shipment Record to Carrier Website
- After creating a new shipment, the Carrier Link field will be populated with a link to the carrier’s tracking web page, where you can easily check the status of your shipment.
- International Shipping with the UPS Carrier – In order to support international shipping we have added several fields:
- To Country – Picklists added for Canada and Mexico States. When you select “Canada” or “Mexico” as the destination country, you will then be able to see the picklist of available states to choose from.
- Customs Value – The total value of all items in the shipment. Determines how much import duty the package recipient must pay. Customs value must be numeral value without decimals.
- Customs Currency – The currency of customs value. Currently supported currencies are USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, CHF, AUD, JPY with default USD. If you want to add a new currency or change the default, you can do it by customizing the RS_Ship__Shipment__c.RS_Ship__Customs_Currency__c field.
- Product Description – Required field for creating UPS international postage label. The purpose of it is to give a basic description of the object you are shipping. For example “clothes” or “metal”, etc.
- Delivery confirmation – For international shipping this field must be None because international shipping doesn’t support delivery confirmation.
- The From Contact field is not required for domestic shipping, but it’s required for international shipping.
- If the destination country is in the United States, then Customs Value, Customs Currency and Product Description fields will be hidden because they are used only for international shipping.
- Auto Generate Shipping Label
- Instead of using a batch Apex job that processes new shipments and creates a label for each shipment every (1) hour, we are now using a trigger that will generate each new shipment and its label instantly.
- Signup Link (Endicia)
- Created a new label and link for the Endicia registration page.
- Show/Hide Password in Ship Configuration (All Carriers)
- User can now preview saved password so it is easier to detect typos.
- Password preview will be triggered after the user clicks on the eye icon.
- Set Default Weight Unit
- The default Weight Unit for every user will be LB.
- The user can change the default weight unit by editing the field’s default value setting: RS_Ship__Ship_Weight_Unit__c.
- Test Mode Option (Endicia/Stamps)
- If Test Mode checkbox=True, then test mode is on. The app will create a test label and the service will not be charged.
- If Test Mode checkbox=False, then test mode is off. The app will create a real label and the service will be charged.
- Packaging Type (FedEx)
- You can specify a FedEx shipment’s packaging type with the new field, Packaging Type.
- Set a default value for this field in Ship Configuration, under the FedEx section, with the Default Packaging Type field.
- The Packaging Type picklist reflects all the values found in FedEx documentation at the time of the current update; values can be customized as needed.
- Weight Unit (All Carriers)
- The Weight Unit field, located on the New Shipment page, can be used across all carriers.
- For each carrier, you can select which weight unit you would like to use. The app performs any necessary weight conversion.
- The app supports the following units: LB, KG, OZ. Default options in the Weight Unit picklist are LB and KG, so in order to use OZ you must add that value in the RS_Ship__Ship_Weight_Unit__c picklist.
- Password Mask (All Carriers)
- Every saved password will be represented with a password mask (series of dots replacing the characters of the message) so you will be able to see whether the password has been saved.
- Carrier Specific Sections
- On the New Shipment page, each carrier now has a separate section, which will be shown only if the carrier is active.
- The Package Detail section contains fields that are common for all carriers like Total Weight, Weight Unit and Reference.
- Some fields are common for two carriers. In that case, if one of the two carriers is inactive, the common field will be displayed in the active carrier section. If both carriers are active, the field will be displayed in the Package Detail section.
- Show Return Address (Stamps)
- The field Show Return Address (RS_Ship__Show_Return_Address__c) is placed inside the Stamps.com section and can be false only if Print Layout is Envelope10.
- If Print Layout is any other than Envelope10, Show Return Address will be default true.
- Future Ship Date (Stamps)
- The field Ship Date (RS_Ship__Ship_Date__c) is unique to the Stamps.com section. It can get rates for a future date to be displayed on a printed label.
- If the future date is beyond the limits of what the carrier allows, the service will return an error.
- Endicia (USPS) Carrier Option
- This package includes Endicia (USPS) carrier to use for shipment configuration and printing labels, see this article for more detail.
- DHL Updates
- Updates with DHL Dangerous Materials and Proforma Feature, see this article for more detail.