Opero Ship app supports using USPS, Stamps.com (USPS), and Endicia (USPS) as carriers. Using only USPS allows getting shipment rates and tracking shipments for free, while using Stamps.com (USPS) and Endicia (USPS) also allows creating labels. This article covers the configuration of USPS.
Steps to Configure Carrier
- Go to usps.com and create an account.
- Register to use the API.
- Click register.
- For the question “What is the Web site address (URL) of the site that will be hosting the USPS Web Tools?”, enter “salesforce.com”.
- For the question asking if you are using the API for your website or multiple websites, select “your website only”.
- You will get an email with your username and password.
- Open Opero Ship app, go to Ship Configuration page, and click USPS.
- Check the Active box so that this carrier is an active carrier. When a carrier is active, you are able to set carrier specific settings in the Create Shipment tab and create/ print active shipping labels. If the Active box is not checked, when you create a shipment, you will not see the carrier specific section for this carrier and you will not be able to create/print shipping labels for this carrier.
- Enter your Username into the Account Id field
- Enter your Password into the Account Key field.
Note: This registration authorizes your User Id to access the Price Calculators and Package Tracking APIs in production.